Updated 1/15/21: Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest.
SwimTopia has a paid internship opportunity available. We’re seeking a Sales & Marketing Intern to work primarily on social media initiatives with our Director of Sales & Marketing.
At SwimTopia, our vision is to make running a swim team less work and more fun, and our core mission is to build software that is intuitive and easy to use. We are driven to provide an innovative and comprehensive software solution that reduces the workload for swim team volunteers so they can enjoy their kids’ swimming more. SwimTopia is a small but growing company with a startup mentality. Our intern will have the opportunity to see and participate in multiple aspects of marketing and be a part of our company’s growth.
Sales and Marketing Intern
As our Sales and Marketing Intern, you’ll primarily be responsible for maintaining SwimTopia’s social media presence and supporting the Director of Sales and Marketing in a variety of projects. Our internship is a paid position, and not accredited with any school. The position offers learning opportunities and mentorship in a collaborative environment.
This is a mostly remote/work-from-home position with a lot of schedule flexibility. The internship position is hourly, with an expectation of roughly 5-10 hours per week for a 6-12 month period.
In this role you will:
- Develop a well-rounded understanding of our market, branding, and customer needs.
- Develop visual and written content for (at minimum) weekly posts on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Research sales leads.
- Work on other projects depending on the candidate’s specific skills and interests, such as graphic content creation, copywriting, videography, web design, and/or Google AdWords.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Canva or Adobe Photoshop, or comparable graphic design software or tools.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Must be a team-player with adaptability to different personality types.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Quick learner, with strong organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Interest in multiple aspects of marketing and sales, with an interest in pursuing a career in the field.
- Familiarity with multiple desktop operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Mac OS), Internet browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) and basic computer hardware and networking.
- Knowledge of the swimming community is ideal.
- Austin-based would be a plus, but will consider all applicants.
If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, and if you enjoy the opportunity to work independently with a level of autonomy, and collaboratively, this could be a great fit for you.
SwimTopia is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] to apply. If you have any, please also include samples of social media posts or graphic design you’ve done in the past.